[Consortium] Fwd: RE: mLAN on Linux

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Thu Jun 23 06:25:29 EDT 2005

Hello all,

Looks like there has been some progress on mLAN support. I'm currently
writing an article on FireWire audio for LinuxUser & Developer, and
turned up this...

Cheers!

Daniel

Subject: RE: mLAN on Linux
Date: Wednesday 22 June 2005 19:46
From: "Richard Foss" <R.Foss at ru.ac.za>
To: "Daniel James" <danieljames at linuxuser.co.uk>, "Shaun Bangay"
<s.bangay at ru.ac.za>

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for contacting us.

Yes, we have done a lot of work on mLAN under Linux, and this has
 been in association with Yamaha's mLAN project group led by Jun-ichi
 Fujimori.

Shaun wrote an mLAN ALSA driver, sponsored by Yamaha, and this is
available at:

http://mlanalsa.sourceforge.net/

We have also written an mLAN Enabler for Linux, and associated
 Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) plug-ins. If you need to become
 familiar with the Enabler/Transporter concept, I can send you an AES
 paper that Jun-ichi Fujimori and I wrote about this.

This Linux Enabler/HAL plug-in work was also sponsored by Yamaha, and
 it is this that Jun-ichi Fujimori is talking about when he mentions
 that source code for the current connection management system might
 be made available in the next few months.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Foss
Associate Professor