[Consortium] Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler

Bluefuture bluefuture at email.it
Fri Mar 18 19:46:39 EST 2005

Il giorno ven, 18-03-2005 alle 15:37 -0800, Josh Green ha scritto:

> Yes, I agree it would be good to design an open standard.  SF2 is a
> rather open standard, but rather limited.  DLS is pretty open standard
> and much more flexible, but it is hard to get free documentation on the
> DLS2 format (they want you to buy it).

There are free download pdf[1] of :

DLS-1: Downloadable Sounds Level 1.x
      * Overview of DLS (c1997)
      * DLS Level 1 Specification Free Download (pdf)
        (New! Sept 2004 edition contains a correction for  response to
        "Reset All Controllers".)
DLS-2: Downloadable Sounds 2.x
      * DLS Level 2.1 Specification (c2000)
      * Amendment 1 to DLS Level 2 ("DLS Level 2.1") (c2001) Free
        Download (pdf)
        (Note: Document corrections were made in September and November
        2004.)

There is something other than this specs?

Cheers,
Stefano

[1] http://www.midi.org/about-midi/dls/abtdls.shtml