[Consortium] Logo with text

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Apr 25 16:30:53 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 25 Apr 2006 20:09, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Here we go again:

http://affenbande.org/~thorwil/wordpress/2006/04/25/linuxaudioorg-banner-3/

Given the general focus on Free Software, why not use a Free Font?
Like this elegant design, not too serify for display use, which our text
looks pretty good in:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Gentium

Or Raph Levien's Inconsolata, a fixed-width font that looks remarkably
good printed and at display sizes:

http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html

That one probably wouldn't go with the tall, thin penguin though.

FWIW I'm not particularly keen on any of the posted suggestions.  The
Interstate "g" is indeed gimmicky, but the modified version looks
childlike and unbalanced.  And I can't stand the Arial "a" or, well,
pretty much anything else about Arial (or whatever Arialalike that is).

Chris