[Consortium] zsh: 6462 illegal hardware instruction ardour

Ralf drachenpost at meocom-online.de
Thu Dec 14 15:21:53 EST 2006

Hello :)

I've got some trouble with Dynebolic and Linux in general.

Relevant for my question(s) is this hardware and Software:

Mobo ASRock K7VT2, Chipset VIA KT266A, AMD Athlon 900MHz
Swissonic MIDI-USB 1x1, Plug & Play
Soundcard TerraTec EWX 24/96 without MIDI

Dynebolic ver 2.2 DHORUBA 6Oct06
Dynebolic ver 1.4.1 LUMUMBA 15Jan05

Question(s) about Version 2.2

If I try to run Ardour (by the Terminal) while Jack is running the
following messages are displayed:

[d:b] ~ #ardour
[...]
ardour: [INFO]: Jack server started
[...]
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key is
pressed.
This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use Mod3 to mean
Meta rather than Mod2
zsh: 6462 illegal hardware instruction  ardour
[d:b] ~ #

Ardour won't be opened.

In Version 1.4.1 Jack doesn't recognize the MIDI of the game port and
USB but if I run Ardour there the following will be displayed:

[d:b] ~ #ardour
[...]
ardour: [ERROR] MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [ERROR] MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key is
pressed.
This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use Mod3 to mean
Meta rather than Mod2
[]

Ardour will be opened.

How can I get Ardour running in Version 2.2?

More questions are already loaded ;).

Greetings

Ralf Mardorf

Germany