[Consortium] Funding option
pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jun 22 07:21:59 EDT 2006
One possible way of generating a small revenue stream which could be
used to support the consortium financially is to have google/yahoo ads
on the LAO websites.
Currently none of the websites hosted have them and it is obviously not
everyones first choice.
A few reasons I can think of for adding advertising to the site are:
- Constant stream of income
- The sites get heavy traffic so we would get high click through rates
- It *could* make us look more professional to non-Libre initiated users
- If the sites make good money then it will be channeled back into the
consortium and associated projects
- Google has been supportive of LAD and open source through "Summer of
- We all use Google anyway so lets cash in like everyone else
Anyhow it is definitely a consortium decision as it will no doubt be
viewed negatively by a substantial number of LAD/LAU'ers.
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://lau.linuxaudio.org - The Linux Audio Users guide
"Anything your mind can see you can manifest physically, then it will
become reality" - Macka B
More information about the Consortium