[Consortium] Funding option

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jun 22 07:21:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

One possible way of generating a small revenue stream which could be
used to support the consortium financially is to have google/yahoo ads
on the LAO websites.

Currently none of the websites hosted have them and it is obviously not
everyones first choice.

A few reasons I can think of for adding advertising to the site are:

- Constant stream of income
- The sites get heavy traffic so we would get high click through rates
and percentages
- It *could* make us look more professional to non-Libre initiated users
- If the sites make good money then it will be channeled back into the
consortium and associated projects
- Google has been supportive of LAD and open source through "Summer of
Code"
- We all use Google anyway so lets cash in like everyone else

Anyhow it is definitely a consortium decision as it will no doubt be
viewed negatively by a substantial number of LAD/LAU'ers.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com