[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-user] More about consolidation of the Linux audio online resources

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Wed Mar 29 02:00:14 EST 2006

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 09:49 -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>>Paul Davis wrote:
>>>the files are at:
>>>	http://ardour.org/files/linuxdj/
>>This gives a "page not found" ...
> damn that drupal ... ok, lets use
> 	http://linuxaudiosystems.com/linuxdj/
> sorry about that.

Note to Ico: not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the linuxdj
lad site used php. The existing pages won't work without that installed
on the host.

I've grabbed a copy from Paul's server because I have some hope that one
day I'll go through the audio and video and clean up anything that needs
cleaning up ... not sure if I'll ever get to that ... But, I guess I got
very nervous when all of that content went missing from the net for so
long. So I feel a little better having my own copy. Once the site is
back up, I intend to keep my local copy synced to the official one.

Anyway, I think it would be very good to have several mirrors of the
full site online. Maybe this is getting ahead of things a bit, since
there isn't an official, canonical site up, yet ... but, to prevent
getting in the same linuxdj-esque bind again, it would be good to have
the content in more than one place, just in case Ico should have to
leave VaTech or someone there were to decide he couldn't use the
bandwidth or all of Blacksburg suddenly goes luddite on us or whatever.

A copy of the site is uploading to my server at the moment.
http://zhevny.com/lad/
http://zhevny.com/lad/lad/ (broken due to no php on zhevnycom)
http://zhevny.com/lad/lad/contrib/
etc, etc.
A cursory glance over the directories looks like most things are there,
though I wasn't that familiar with the old site aside from viewing it.

I'm not suggesting anyone publish this anywhere. It's only on my home
dsl. Maybe it's dumb of me to even put it there. I'm thinking of setting
up a mirror at RFA on techweb.rfa.org, where there is ~50Mbit/s
connection, once the lad site is back online. Any comments on that and
the idea of mirrors in general?

-ERic Rz. ( should have been asleep long ago ... sorry if the above is
poorly written)