[Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu

jrml jaromil at dyne.org
Fri Mar 31 13:34:23 EST 2006

hi Ron,

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 06:56:15AM -0800, R Parker wrote:
> The Linux Audio Consortium has no political, social,
> religious, moral or economic devotion to a common
> greater reality.
>
> Are your objections for including Ubuntu based on
> political and moral issues?

nope. to resume, they are based on two main issues:

1) fostering variety and discouraging top-down branding of big
   distributions. this point is better described in my previous
   writing software for mine and other distributions, so i'm constantly
   questioning how small and medium scale efforts can be sustainable
   especially if a distribution can hide to the users the single efforts
   it contains and even the original platform it forks from after 10
   years of development. we should preserve and support the variety of
   free software, not brand it under a single flag, to make it survive
   lively as it does now (IMHO).

2) pertinence - since Ubuntu is not an audio oriented distribution.

> Forgive me if you have to clarify the obvious but that's all I seem to
> recall from what I read.

no problem. i'm really glad to hear others opinions as i'm not running a
crusade, just a poll and a discussion.

ciao,
jrml