[Consortium] Funding option

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Nov 3 00:55:03 EST 2006

Greetings all,

After some research, it seems that this may not be an option as long as we
have the site hosted by the university due to relatively strict regulations
by the State (VT is one of the so-called "land grant" universities). I'll
keep searching for a workaround, but for the time being, our only chance
seems to be incorporating as a not-for-profit. Yet, before we can do that,
we need to restructure the board to prepare it for such a transition. More
about this later...

All that being said, there is another option I am currently looking into.
Namely, incorporating with the help from the Virginia Tech University where
we would become a "center" with a possible space in VT's research center
complex. However, this may hinge upon the fact that we would then bear some
fiscal responsibility towards the University and in the long run may not
have as much flexibility as we may need. Again, this is something I am
currently looking into as well.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Linuxaudio.org Director