[Consortium] Front Cover Beta

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Nov 5 04:19:50 EST 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 12:12:33AM -0500, Ashton Snelgrove wrote:

> <head>
> </head>
> Third times the charm<br>
> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://filebox.vt.edu/users/asnel/cd_cover_beta.svg">http://filebox.vt.edu/users/asnel/cd_cover_beta.svg</a><br>

Arg, please don't post in HTML. It blows up you messages to like 5 times
the size without adding meaning. Some of us use text-only email apps
and HTML is generaly not welcome on Linux related mailing lists.

> But you can see the idea. <br>
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't know if the fonts are rendering correctly, because
> when I open it up on my Mac they don't. The "Tux Power!" is supposed
> to be in Wargames i believe, and it's supposed to look like signal
> meters.

You need to convert text to pathes for it to render corectly on systems
that don't have the font installed.

> Question, what's the font used on the linuxaudio logo? A little
> consistency is
> always nice, and we could use that font for all the text. <br>

It's custom and plain vectors, no font file. Only the letters you
see in the logo exist. Plus M, L, V used on
http://thorwil.affenbande.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/made_in_linux_vl_1_front_03.png
(Which I guess kinda went under in the other thread.)

--
Thorsten Wilms