[Consortium] Will the Win32 port of Ardour effect the GNU/Linux version?

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Wed Nov 15 05:59:01 EST 2006

Hi Cory,

 > Will it effect the GNU/Linux version at
> all?

It might make Ardour in general more widely used, which would then give
users a free choice of platform - that can only be a good thing.

 > With SSL's hiring of Paul Davis would they be more inclined to use
> the windows version of Ardour?

SSL describe Ardour in their press release as cross-platform, so my
guess is they are happiest when not tied to a single platform. At least
two competing console manufacturers (Harrison and Allen & Heath) have
already launched Linux-based products.

On the other hand, a Mackie representative claimed to me that the
Digital X-bus runs embedded Windows. I'm sceptical about that, because
the GUI doesn't look anything like Windows at all, but then I've never
seen one boot up, only running.

Cheers!

Daniel