[Consortium] portal.linuxaudio.org launched

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Sep 25 23:53:35 EDT 2006

Thank you Patrick for your thoughts on this matter. I would, however, like
to hear from others before we put this matter to rest. I still feel that we
could take on such a move without necessarily compromising the
"individuality" of each subdomain/project...

There are also other pressing matters I would like to bring to everyone's
attention:

1) As some of you have already pointed out docs.linuxaudio.org is "under
construction." This obviously means we are seeking volunteers to undertake
on this laborious but also very important project. We should probably
dedicate a group of volunteers who would discuss a scope and function of
this subdomain. For this reason, consider this an open call for 3-4
volunteers interested in this project.

2) To those of you who are maintaining various sub-domains, there is a dire
need for content clean-up. There is a bunch of conflicting info on various
pages, as well as tons of obsolete info, all of which not only makes no
sense but also portrays a very bleak picture of linux audio scene. If some
of you feel like this is too big of a task to tackle, we should again make
an open call for additional contributors/maintainers...

FWIW, I just spent a couple hours this evening trying to update lao layout
and make it more "stylish." Hope you like the change (hint: the site and the
framed version of the logo now share the same style)...

Finally, I may appear to be "less responsive" to your e-mails for the next
couple days (possibly weeks, but I sure hope not) due to family-related
matters. Until my life returns to normal (whatever that means), I'll do my
best to keep up with lao stuff. In the meantime, I ask for your patience,
understanding, and most importantly continued dedication to our cause...

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Linuxaudio.org Director