[Consortium] [ANN] Aldrin 0.10 (Venus)
contact at leonard-ritter.com
Sun Feb 4 13:42:37 EST 2007
Aldrin is an open source modular music sequencer/tracker for the
GNU/Linux operating system.
We're proud to announce the release of Aldrin 0.10 (Venus).
This release is the second release of the "planet" release cycle, and
introduces a lot of new features to Aldrin.
Here is a short overview of the most relevant features introduced in
* The vertical-time sequencer view has been replaced by a
horizontal-time sequencer view to get more screen real estate.
It is pretty similar to what you might be used from commercial
sequencers, the difference is that it's controllable by keyboard
* Support for The Freesound Project. Browse and download samples
on the fly without leaving Aldrin.
* The pattern editor has scrollbars now, so you can easily reach
that itchy back of the M4wII even with a low screen resolution.
* Support for loading FLAC, AIF and MP3 samples.
* Aldrin recognizes now multiple MIDI inputs.
* A new set of small icons.
* The CPU monitor has been improved. You get proper numbers now,
and a nifty graphical gauge.
* Redrawing speed has been speed up in the router and sequencer
* Various wording changes.
* Numerous bugs fixed.
Enjoy this new version and visit us on #aldrin on freenode.net, or
subscribe to the Aldrin mailing list.
-- Freelance Art & Logic
More information about the Consortium