[Consortium] Poll for consortium members and board

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Feb 22 01:32:10 EST 2007

Hi all,

In my recent discussion on the future of linux on the desktop, one of
suggestions was to look into the continually developing enlightenment
desktop solution which does have amazing efficiency as well as steady
development pace.

My recent investigation on the status of the project has revealed that the
project is in dire need of funding for the purpose of getting a new server.
This got squeaky cogs in my head turning and I began wondering what if
Linuxaudio.org offered them server space for their needs, especially since
this is one thing we can offer at practically no cost to us. I've not yet
bothered to mention this to the enlightenment team even in a form of a
remote possibility, namely because I am not sure if this is something
Linuxaudio.org wants to use its limited resources on...

So my question/poll to you is, would this be something that bears relevance
to our mission (IMHO it does, albeit indirectly).

Any ideas/comments?

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology, CCTAD, CHCI
Virginia Tech
Dept. of Music - 0240
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-1137