[Consortium] csound debian packages on the way

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Wed Apr 9 15:10:33 EDT 2008

yes, but this version (4.23) is way too old (5 years min) and unsupported.
We are talking here of Csound 5, which is a different beast (in fact
it's a library now...).

Up until now there were only unofficial (and probably dodgy) Csound 5
debian packages. Now with Felipe onboard we have an official and up-to-date
one. Of course, Csound 5 is offered under yum for fedora (from fedora and
planetccrma, which is probably the most up-to-date). I am also in the
process
of becoming a fedora package maintainer, so I hope I'll be able to keep
fedora
updated too (we'll see).

Victor