[Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Wed Feb 6 07:35:28 EST 2008

Hi all,

For those of you that don't know Midas consoles, they are the most
respected live sound mixing desks for large events. They're equivalent
to a studio's SSL or Neve, but specifically aimed at live front-of-house
use.

It's just been pointed out to me that the new flagship Midas console is
*advertised* as running on Linux (third bullet under Overview):

http://www.midasconsoles.com/xl8.php

We know that several high-end mixing desks are free software based, but
this is the first live desk I've seen where Linux is a selling point.

Cheers!

Daniel