[Consortium] Affiliation of linuxaudio.org?

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Tue Nov 11 06:25:12 EST 2008

Hi Mike,

> There are a couple of ways the Linux Foundation can assist Linux Audio:
>
> 1)  A call for participation for the next Collab Summit is going out,
> it'd be great to see audio issues as part of that. In particular there
> is desktop track  where  audio issues should be a key part

Thanks for the tip - please send me the announcement when it's
available. Our remit at linuxaudio.org actually extends beyond the
desktop and what is normally considered as 'consumer' audio, because we
have a focus on the more demanding professional audio and broadcast
markets. Of course, there is some overlap, because so much production
work is done on PC-like systems nowadays.

> If you don't already have a free account, please go to
> linuxfoundation.org <http://linuxfoundation.org> to be included in our
> upcoming communications.

I've signed up for LF Site Access, if that's the same thing - username
danieljames.

> 2) Also, you likely already have your infrastructure needs taken care,
> but we'd happy to help by having your efforts on our wiki and liststervs
> if that is something linuxaudio.org <http://linuxaudio.org> finds useful.

Thanks, but we have a server provided by Virginia Tech. I notice the
Foundation has a Sound and Multimedia workgroup with a page at
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Linux_Sound_and_Multimedia - perhaps
we can help with that workgroup.

Cheers!

Daniel