[Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Apr 7 23:38:30 UTC 2012

Easter Greetings to the list.

I have been contacted by a reputable audio company who would like to
sponsor the "audio quality howto" by placing an advertisement on the page
for a one year period.

http://lau.linuxaudio.org/audio_quality_howto.htm

Do we have an advertising policy for Linuxaudio.org?

If not can we come to some agreement on a rate for different spots across
the linuxaudio.org domain?

I am happy to put together some recommendations based on standard
corporate advertising rates for digital media here in Australia.

This will not be the only company who wants to be associated with Linux
Audio so if we can come up with a working policy then we might be able to
channel the funds into something useful further down the track. It is the
general rule of thumb in digital advertising that you will make the most
return by having targeted paid ads rather than generic ad placements and
as LAO has a large web presence thanks to the ongoing efforts at SEO and
keeping the content actively updated we are literally sitting on a
goldmine for targeted sponsored advertising.

If it is done tastefully and respectfully we can enhance the reputation of
Linux Audio through brand association with premium Audio products.

With some concerted effort LAO could also become a location for
professional journalists/writers to publish their work. I know we already
have a couple of those persons on this list who may be interested in
contributing high quality content if the funding was available.

ex.  http://journal.linuxaudio.org

Cheers

--
Patrick Shirkey