[Consortium] wiki.LAO - lockdown to registered users

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Jul 17 16:54:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org is seeing an increasing amount of SPAM.

For a while it has been sufficient to [fail2]ban IP addresses that
incorrectly guess CAPTCHA - ie. prevent brute-force attacks and manually
revert the remaining pollution. -- Yet in the last months either CAPTCHA
breaking has improved or there are real persons doing the spamming.

I did not do statistics, but from watching the changelog I gather that
the vast majority of contributions to the wiki comes from registered
users. So the idea is to lock the wiki down and only allow registered
users (registration requires an email address) to edit it.

Thoughts? Objections?

robin