[Consortium] Goto10 and Puredyne

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Apr 12 03:40:14 UTC 2016

It would be wonderful if someone took the initiative and pushed forward
with maintaining the LAO site. I will gladly hold the fort and ensure we
have uninterrupted service but my time is simply too limited these days to
do much more than that. What we do need to be careful about is implementing
frameworks that may be susceptible to hacking, particularly if/when they
become stale and out of date, as was the case with our last drupal version
of the website. I am personally partial to wordpress because it can be
auto-updated and has generally proved fairly secure... With that in mind,
we need to check what kinds of security concerns pelican framework may have
and whether those can be autopatched--please keep me posted as things
develop. Thank you.

Best,

Ico