[Consortium] Official fork

anonymous_user anonymous_user
Tue Feb 23 19:53:02 CET 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, February 22, 2021 6:26 PM, Spencer Jackson <ssjackson71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 1:44 PM Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2/21/21 11:28 AM, anonymous_user wrote:
>>> @Spencer and @Robin, what's your take on a solution for this matter?
>>
>> For me the issue is closed. No further action needed.
>>
>> In the past we used to have git.linuxaudio.org for community projects
>> like this, but github.com etc have meanwhile rendered this service obsolete.
>>
>> As long as the NewSM team refrains from speaking for the consortium in
>> the future, I'd let it slide with a /warning/ this time.
>>
>> Personally I'm against banning users, or unlinking projects.
>
> I fully agree, and Nils has agreed in a new thread, so I feel like we are all pretty well on the same page. Let's move forward.
> _spencer

As I argued in my previous message, there is no banning or unlinking here. When they don't release as linuxaudio.org (which I'm happy about), what is the point of having the project on the github page of linuxaudio.org? There is absolutely no point really and I think it is much wiser when this issue is solved fully and that is when they just open their own github page and clone their project into it. Otherwise we might have to spend time on this issue later again.