[Consortium] Recent contentious activity on the consortium and LA* lists

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Mar 17 16:45:14 CET 2021

Consortium members and fellow Linux audio enthusiasts,

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to the Linux Audio Consortium.

As you may be already aware, recently we have had an uptick in
contentious correspondence among broader community members that has
spilled over into community's mailing lists. Please note that I am not
here to elaborate on this contentious activity nor on who or what may be
right or wrong. Instead, allow me to use this opportunity to remind you
of the purpose and the role of the Consortium.

As a volunteer-run initiative, the Consortium's sole goal is to support
all constructive efforts related to promoting and strengthening Linux as
a compelling platform for audio-related work. To this end, we support
the community by providing online resources, including our website and
mailing lists, as well as by promoting the conference.

When it comes to member projects, allow me to emphasize that the
Consortium does not take sides and that we have neither the interest nor
the capacity to manage conflict. Similarly, while member projects are
welcome and encouraged to share our logos and link to our page, we do
not approve of any statements of implicit or explicit endorsement by the
Consortium without the prior review and approval by the Consortium's
leadership.

Lastly, please note that we will take every reasonable measure in our
power to ensure that the communication channels maintained by the
Consortium volunteers remain constructive and civil. Therefore, we will
without hesitation moderate posts and suspend memberships from any
member whose participation does not meet these criteria.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best,

Ico

--