[Consortium] We have to move!

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Dec 13 11:17:13 CET 2022

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 11:03:14AM +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> On 12-12-2022 22:15, Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > Not sure if you saw Daniel's suggestion. What about Oregon free hosting?
> >
> > https://osuosl.org/request-hosting/
>
> Looking at it right now! Great suggestion, thanks!

- Given the academic context, there may be unexpected restrictions.
  The use policy states:

    When granted use of a computing resource at OSUOSL, it is expected
    that the resource will only be used for the specific use or project
    that was represented when use of the resource was granted. If the
    scope or purpose of the project changes at any time, you must
    contact OSUOSL immediately to inform us of such a change.

- We don't have a single well defined project to start with.

- The privacy policy link produces a 404, not a good sign.

- Data protection in the US is a minefield.

I'd really prefer a commercial and EU based solution. The cost doesn't
seem to be problem.

--
FA