[Consortium] Linuxaudio.org update and next steps--call for community input and participation

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Jul 3 22:28:54 CEST 2022

On 7/3/22 16:37, Nils Hilbricht wrote:

>> With all this in mind, I invite your feedback and input, including
>> (self-)nominations for service on the proposed committee and/or my
>> successor. The aspirational goal is to form the committee and/or select the
>> successor by the end of July 2022.
>> Ico
>
> What is the decision making process?
> A little under one month from the announcement to having the new persons in place is a bit short.

I agree, also in some places there are already summer vacations. Perhaps
end of September is a better target, with a deadline for nominations by
end of August.

> If, let's say over the next two weeks, some people (self-)nominate,

I hereby nominate Fons Adriansen (kokkinizita), Milkii Brewster
(https://libreav.org/), and Nils Hilbricht (https://sonoj.org/).

Given their diverse talents in community management, software
development, web-design and conference organization, they may also make
a good team to push the consortium forward.

> how and who will decide who belongs to the new committee and/or select the successor?

according to http://linuxaudio.org/policy.html

"Should a management decision be put to a vote, each representative will
have one vote, with the Chair having a casting vote in the event of a tie."

In the past the "Management Board" met every year at LAC (more or less),
but at this point in time it is somewhat unclear who is still active:

http://linuxaudio.org/contact.html

Various members have announced their resignation already a few years ago.

--
robin