[Jack-Devel] [LAU] running jackd from rc.local

David Nielson david at naptastic.com
Sat Apr 18 12:58:52 CEST 2015

Really, the right thing to do here is to set JACK up as a system
service, with an init script, or whatever the systemd equivalent is, if
you're running systemd.

What you're using now is not actually an init script, if you have to
call it from rc.local. Init scripts go in /etc/init.d, follow specific
conventions, and are symlinked into various targets so they run only in
the appropriate run levels.

Here's a decent primer: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/03/lsbinit-script/

David Nielson