[Jack-Devel] JACK 2 is not real time safe on posix?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Apr 19 15:06:53 CEST 2015

There can be no such thing as strict real time safety in a system that
involves task (context switching). JACK does the best possible
approximation given the tools provided by the OS.

You are advised to worry less about the design of JACK internals, which are
now over a decade old and known to work extremely well on supported
platforms, and worry more about your own JACK client code.