[Jack-Devel] audioadapter.dll Crashing on Win 7 32bit

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 25 04:00:23 CEST 2015

Chris,
No, I didn't but after some experimenting I did now and it still crashes with a connection. Should the jackd crash if there's no connection? I had to modify my master's steps to the following to get a handshake.

C: jackd.exe -R -S -d portaudio "ASIO::ASIO4ALL v2"
C: jack_load netmanager
In JackControl connect linein1->slave1
In JackControl connect linein2->slave2
In JackControl press the play button

I do all of the above first now, and then on the slave:
C: jackd.exe -R -S -d net
C: jack_load audioadapter

The Master shows:

Master:
New NetMaster started
**************** Network parameters ****************
Name : luke2-win7
Protocol revision : 8
MTU : 1500
Master name : opteron-PC
Slave name : luke2-win7
ID : 1
Transport Sync : no
Send channels (audio - midi) : 2 - 0
Return channels (audio - midi) : 2 - 0
Sample rate : 48000 frames per second
Period size : 1024 frames per period
Network latency : 5 cycles
SampleEncoder : Float
Slave mode : sync
Waiting for a slave...
Synching with latency = 0
Synching with latency = 1
Synching with latency = 2
Synching with latency = 3
Synching with latency = 4

Until I run C: jack_load audioadapter on the slave, and then:

Recv connection lost error = Connection timed out, 'luke2-win7' exiting
JackEngine::ClientCloseAux wait error ref = 2
Waiting for a slave...
JackWinSemaphore::TimedWait name = jack_pipe.default_freewheel time_out
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphSync: ProcessWriteSlaves error, engine may now beha
ve abnormally!!
JackPortAudioDriver::Render paOutputUnderflow

On the Slave side:

Initializing connection with opteron-PC...
**************** Network parameters ****************
Name : luke2-win7
Protocol revision : 8
MTU : 1500
Master name : opteron-PC
Slave name : luke2-win7
ID : 1
Transport Sync : no
Send channels (audio - midi) : 2 - 0
Return channels (audio - midi) : 2 - 0
Sample rate : 48000 frames per second
Period size : 1024 frames per period
Network latency : 5 cycles
SampleEncoder : Float
Slave mode : sync

Until I run C: jack_load audioadapter, and then:

Ringbuffer automatic adaptative mode size = 4096 frames
MMCSS API not used...

CRASH