[Jack-Devel] Jack Audio Question

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Thu May 21 11:38:37 CEST 2015

On 05/20/15 11:49, Miguel Martin wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm asking about your API jack audio. I'm not sure if you are the lead
> developers or not, but you're the only emails I could find that
> contributed to this project. I just want to ask: is it possible to
> control application level volume in OS X and Linux? If so, can you give
> me any resources or point me in the right direction?

You are looking for jack-devel at . CCed now.

And the answer is no, JACK does not control application level volume, it
just forwards and merges audio streams.

If you want volume control, use a mixer (maybe one of not too many
jack-based mixers), so you can adjust each jack client's volume in one
place.

HTH