[Jack-Devel] Non-blocking I/O in process callback

Xavier Mendez me at jmendeth.com
Mon Nov 30 12:11:19 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm wondering whether it's safe to do non-blocking reads or writes from
inside the process callback.

 From what I've seen, non-blocking I/O doesn't cause the process to go
into blocked state, and the realtime scheduler should not switch to
another process. But the documentation doesn't seem to allow them:

 > [...] it cannot call functions that might block for a long time. This
 > includes all I/O functions (disk, TTY, network), [...]

So, is it safe to use non-blocking I/O in the process callback?

Thank you,
Xavi