[Jack-Devel] fractional frame rates for alsa_in and alsa_out

termtech termtech at rogers.com
Fri Aug 19 16:48:01 CEST 2016

On Friday, August 19, 2016 10:26:08 AM EDT Paul Davis wrote:
> Any integer value below 2^24 - 1 has perfect representation in all IEEE
> floating point formats.

Intersting, I've been seriously contemplating changing MusE's
 internal frame type from integer to double or long double,
 becuase I've been finding some non-trivial timing errors
 that can't be ignored now, requiring fractional frame values.

I never had a super in-depth look at floating point so I researched
 and concluded the same thing, that a double or long double should
 be able to represent the whole integer range that we've been using,
 without error. This would allow us fractional values.

Cheers.
Tim.