[Jack-Devel] jackdbus process eats two CPU cores for hours on end

Thomas Howe tho7maspenguin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 05:26:14 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the jackdbus process; after some hours it starts
maxing out two of my four CPU cores, which in turn causes xruns when
running apps. It looks like other people have found the same problem, but
no solutions.

Here's a video of this happening:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2eROo5JatB4eHZweUtROTduSWc
I cut the important bits out and sped it up. It shows me starting jack via
QJackCtl with a monitor of the log file and QJackCtl's messages in the
first section, the processor spike in the second, an xrun in the third, and
the processors returning to normal in the fourth. There's a clock at the
bottom left corner of the screen.

I'm running Arch with the Linux 4-8-4.1-ARCH (x86_64) kernel. Let me know
what other information would be useful! I can't figure out how to even
start debugging this.

Thanks for watching,
Tom