[Jack-Devel] Suddenly JACK can't use any sound interface

Tobiasz KaroĊ„ unfa00 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:32:29 CET 2016

Hi!

I'm writing, becasue I recently have a problem that I think is closely
related to JACK.

A few days ago, suddenly I was unable to play or record anything.
I found out that I can use my soundcards in Ardour only if I use ALSA as a
backend - not JACK.
Running JACK with 3 different audio interfaces everytime spawns 32 in / 32
out channels in the "System" JACK hardware clients - and none of that works.

I thought there's a problem with my system installation, but the same
problem occured when I booted up an AV Linux LiveCD - and that really
confused me.

I described the issue in more detail on LinuxMusicians.com forums:
https://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16527

I'd like to invite you to take a look.

- unfa