[Jack-Devel] libjack vs server [ was Re: stepping down

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 1 10:58:36 CET 2016

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 10:44:29 +0100, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
>But if the DAW crashes, would it be any point continuing to run the
>other clients?
>(And by "continue to run" I only mean continue to run the jack
>callback, the other clients don't have to crash.)

Assumed in a live situation Ardour sometimes is used as a sequencer to
play Phasex and plugins, but by a keyboard the keyboarder always
manually is playing Yoshimi, then it's important that the keyboarder
could continue playing Yoshimi, assumed Ardour should crash. IOW the
orchestra should continue the opera, even if a string of just one
violin breaks.