[Jack-Devel] Client-Server models are just fine. Please?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Feb 1 21:07:32 CET 2016

On 02/01/2016 03:53 PM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:

> Had there been a libjackserver library, where the server itself had been
> included, qjackctl could have linked to that library instead of starting
 > a process and do very informal and flaky communication between the server
> and the GUI.
>
> (Oh, and regarding the qjackctl bug. I didn't only do (c), I also fixed
> the bug itself)

let me chime in, probably way out of context, but there it goes...

for qjackctl's sake, fwiw.

1) qjackctl was and still is a gui for jackd as it was back on 2003;
2) its primary developer (me) is stuck to the original jackd code base,
that means JACK1;
3) as in a bad lava-flow anti-pattern, jackdmp, win32, jackdbus and what
else, has been glued, as clay thrown to a wall, so to speak, to qjackctl
code base;
4) the original author (me) can't, won't, never will perhaps, test and
ensure quality of all and/or any of those sti(n)cky code that has been
added over a dozen years that have been passed by, any/all but the JACK1
related code, tbh.
5) all that said meaning that qjackctl is NON SUPPORTED software
upstream (me) as far as any other platform BUT Linux--and even there,
JACK2 might suffer more or less from this stance, so sorry.

now please,

don't ever take this lousy piece of junk of software as qjackctl is to
issue an injunction against JACK (1 or 2), please, please and...

signing off.
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela