[Jack-Devel] What about NetJack on OSX ?

Patric Schmitz bzk0711 at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 14:52:11 CET 2016

Hi,

On 01/22/2016 12:06 PM, Lucas RĂ©mond wrote:
> Or the only reason why I want to use JACK IS for NetJack !
> Do you know, or do you have an approximate idea about when
>  NetJack will be available for OS X
> without having to build JACK from source ?

Although I'm not a Mac OS X user I had a go at getting netjack to
work between mac and Linux recently, and it all worked fine more
or less. We actually started with building everything by hand and
(after fixing some minor issues) had the current master "kinda"
working on Mac, however then we realized there the jack2
precompiled versions at http://jackaudio.org/downloads/ and they
would also work. I think it was the jack2 build we ended up using.

It comes with the netjack driver as well as jackpilot. Just start
jackd with -dnet (as opposed to netone on Linux). We started
jackpilot (on top of the running jackd instance started from
console) in order to have a virtual sound device created which
routes I/O through the jackd. Except for minor issues (some
browsers seemed to have issues on one of the systems we tested
on) this worked well.

Best regards,
Patric