[Jack-Devel] stepping down

Sean Bolton sean at smbolton.com
Sun Jan 31 03:40:03 CET 2016

On Sun Jan 31 2016, tom at trellis.ch wrote:
> Hi,
> i find it a bit sad that anyone seems to say things like "JACK is
> dead" easily--- There is no alternative to it IMHO
> Please, JACK lovers, speak out!

JACK is dead, Slackware just incorporated PulseAudio--I'm so depressed.
Surely the end of civilization is nigh.

Oh, wait, that was last week's news. This week, I'm just honery. I shall
fiddle while Rome burns, and record myself using JACK1! And some DSSI
plugins. And my Delta 44, with its newly-replaced caps. And my
PCI-slotted PC that it all runs on. And, heck, I might just use
ecasound via a serial port to do the recording. 'Cause I'm a dinosaur,
but I'm not going extinct, because I've got the source code to all this
freakin' stuff! (Oh, yeah, the PCI slot thing might be a problem.)

Long live JACK!

(A very big thank-you to you, Paul, for all the work you've done. Best
wishes on your future endeavors.)

-Sean