[Jack-Devel] A way to get notified when the current timebase master resigns?

micu micuintus at gmx.de
Fri Jul 8 11:40:57 CEST 2016

Hey guys,

Currently I am hacking in Jack transport support for a certain project.
And while doing that, I am wondering whether it is possible to get a
notficiation when the current timebase master has stepped down.

Bascially what I have in mind for my client:

  * During startup, check if there is a timebase master and if not, be it
    (which I know is possible with jack_set_timebase_callback(..,1,...)).
  * In case there was another timebase master that resigns at a certain point
    in time (leaves the graph, steps down for some reason,...),
    take over the timebase.

I couldn't figure out a way to get a notification (callback etc.) that the
current timebase master just has stepped down.

Is there one? If not, is there a specific reason for that?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
micu
--
OpenPGP / GnuPG:	0xE4CB4E80
Fingerprint:		1A15 A480 1F8B 07F6 9D12 3426 CEFE 7455 E4CB 4E80

<<</>>

http://www.micuintus.de