[Jack-Devel] JACK1 0.125.0rc1 now available

tom at trellis.ch tom at trellis.ch
Mon Mar 7 19:19:25 CET 2016

On Mon, March 7, 2016 07:55, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>

>> I also bisected it down to fons' topological sort patch. Which is a
>> problem because in some ways that's the biggest reason for this new
>> release :(
>
> Any clues as to why this topological sort code behaves different from the
>  code it replaces? Does have/not have locking? Does it have a worse
> runtime complexity? Does it have a bug?
>
> Just looking for clues.
>

> Erik
> --

for all practical purposes it would be strange if the new sort patch would
behave the same as without the patch. the question is how it behaves
differently and the possible consequences it might impose on clients. i'm
sure fons did some tests.
apropos tests, a set of jack1/jack2 generic clients, setup in a series or
in parallel and configurable client "behaviour" in terms of cycle time
used, cpu .. could help to spot the differencies with numbers.
greetings
Thomas