[Jack-Devel] Help for compiling jack2

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Mar 9 22:22:26 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 09:37:19PM +0100, JoergSorge wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> is it possible to help me building jack2, also for not so technical users?

So this is mostly about libs?

Here is what Debian pulls in to build jackd2:

   http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-multimedia/jackd2.git/tree/debian/control#n6

I think this is pretty much all you need, unless something has changed
recently. (I lost touch with basically everything these days due to lack
of time).

   $ sudo apt-get build-dep jackd2

would probably do the trick and pull everything in.

If you need a newer Debian package of jackd2, that could be arranged
for. :) Also building a fresh Ubuntu-package from Debian sources isn't
too hard either.

Note that --prefix=/usr is not enough these days, one also needs to set
libdir explicitly:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-multimedia/jackd2.git/tree/debian/rules#n40

says

   --libdir=/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)

The DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH should be set to the output of

   $ dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH

so for instance

   $ ./waf configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

And you probably also want --alsa --dbus --firewire on that waf
configure line as well.

HTH

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver