[Jack-Devel] JACK releases, jackaudio.org download

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:10:07 CET 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Neil C Smith <
neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 20 March 2016 at 00:54,  <tom at trellis.ch> wrote:
> > there was this mesage on github announcing simplified handling of large
> > files in repos, "large file supprt". I wondered if this could replace
the
> > dropbox links of the binaries for future releases.

-1 from me to "Large files in repo", because it involves downloading
*all* of them on cloning a repo (unless eg --depth=1 is given, which
provides no history)

Just source code and essential extras in a repo please :)

> Why choose either over GitHub's support for release binaries?

I never knew GitHub supported this - after a quick google:
https://help.github.com/articles/creating-releases/

Thanks, learn something new every day.

Cheers, -Harry

--