[Jack-Devel] Implement a driver as a writable client?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sun May 15 19:57:57 CEST 2016

On Sun, May 15, 2016 7:13 am, Paul Davis wrote:
> Drivers are in-process, not out-of-process like most clients.
>
> You could write two in-process clients. You could also write slave
> drivers, which are like backends but different in subtle ways.

I'm not sure why everyone is dancing around the obvious answer:  what the
original poster seems to want is a new backend.  Is that really difficult?
 It sounds like he wants something that is just very simple, tailored
exactly to the hardware he has, without some of the complexity that comes
along with ALSA.  Is that an unreasonable thing to work on?

--
Chris Caudle