[Jack-Devel] jack_midi_event_write abs or rel time?

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Mon May 23 18:20:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

 I'm writing a jack midi port for incudine, a common lisp based
realtime audio system. Midi in is already working, but for midi out I
couldn't find information about what kind of time should be supplied
to jack_midi_event_write. Is it in absolute or relative frames?

If it is relative to the current frame/block boundary:

I tested the received time values (using jack_midi_event_get) with
randomly generated midievents sent from pd over a2jmidi and got time
values between 0 and 42 with a jackd setting of 1024 frames/period and
2 periods. I would expect values between 0 and 1023, or is there some
misunderstanding on my side? Could this be due to a2jmidid?

--
Orm