[Jack-Devel] Jack cannot run after re-installing

David Nielson david at naptastic.com
Wed Oct 26 17:54:36 CEST 2016

On 10/26/2016 09:40 AM, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
>     > Should I change all "jessie" to "wheezy" in /etc/apt/sources.list?

No. That will break things very badly.

> Aparently it's a Jessie image (checked online and saw that "sid" means
> unstable, is that correct?)

For Debian 8 (Jessie), jessie/sid is correct. If a system is running sid
(as mine is) it will show stretch/sid.

> libjack-dev cause I need them to compile Pure Data, but libjack-dev
> removes Qjackctl. /usr/bin/jackd is still there, but calling it doesn't
> seem to take any effect.

I haven't read the whole thread, but this sounds an awful lot like
parallel installations of JACK. If you compiled from source, you MUST
remove ALL of Debian's JACK-related packages, some of which it installs
by default without asking. I have a reasonably reliable guide for
getting a solid, source-compiled JACK setup on Debian Jessie or Sid here:

https://wiki.naptastic.com/nndocs/lad

Warning: I rage pretty hard.

David Nielson