[Jack-Devel] jack vs. motu (usb)

Wed Oct 26 21:48:29 CEST 2016

On 10/25/2016 02:58 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 02:30:16PM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
>> I have not looked at the jack source to try to figure out why it is
>> not working while aplay does - maybe the card no longer generates
>> interrupts? Also, if the clock somehow changes while jack is running
>> (for example I disconnect the clock source if slaving to external
>> clock), jack goes into la-la land and we need to quit everything and
>> restart it to get things going again. Too bad...[*]
>
> What happens with the test app that comes with the alsa-pcmi lib ?

"can't set playback hardware parameters" (or capture sometimes). This is
trying out alsa_delay with debugging enabled through the environmental
variable and changing the sampling rate from the last one used
(./alsa_delay hw:2 hw:2 48000 128 2). It says the same thing when
retrying until it just works again.

-- Fernando