[Jack-Devel] jack vs. motu (usb)

Thu Oct 27 19:35:24 CEST 2016

On 10/26/2016 01:32 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:48:29PM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
>>> What happens with the test app that comes with the alsa-pcmi lib ?
>>
>> "can't set playback hardware parameters" (or capture sometimes).
>> This is trying out alsa_delay with debugging enabled through the
>> environmental variable and changing the sampling rate from the last
>> one used (./alsa_delay hw:2 hw:2 48000 128 2). It says the same
>> thing when retrying until it just works again.
>
> So having a loop, retrying a few times while printing a message
> to the user plus some sleeping, should solve this.

Yes, that is possible of course but is not a real solution as I see it,
at least not something that is general purpose and I can deploy. I have
to try to find our exactly how it is failing, for example printing the
alsa hw/sw parameter space when it fails and when it succeeds (after all
aplay manages to "play" in the same conditions).

-- Fernando