[Jack-Devel] How to handle freewheeling failure

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:06:11 CEST 2016

Hi,

I wonder how you normally handle the situation when the
program exits abnormally (for instance if the user kills a client)
while freewheeling.

I'm not so interested in detecting this when it happens, but
I want to handle it somewhat gracefully when my program
is started again. I.e. I don't want the program not producing
any sound and not informing that something is wrong.

As far as I can see, there is no function to check whether
jack is currently freewheeling (or is there?). So are there any
potential problems just calling "jack_set_freewheel(g_jack_client, 1)"
during program startup? (i.e. whether we are freewheeling or not)