[Jack-Devel] Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Aug 24 19:31:41 CEST 2017

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 08:56:40 -0700, Yuri wrote:
>On 08/24/17 08:51, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> FWIW SIGINT could be handled by the client, IOW Ctrl+C not
>> necessarily does what you expect it to do, Ctrl+C doesn't result in
>> e.g. SIGKILL.
>

>If Jack relies on clients to clean up, this will require fixing a lot
>of clients for this to work. It is better if this is handled in the
>server.

Hi Yuri,

seemingly jackaudio.org was down, so consider to resend your concerns
to the mailing list, since it's up again. I'm not a jackd developer,
just a user and simply try to point out, that Ctrl+C isn't a shortcut
that ensures a specific action of an application. You seem to assume
that Ctrl+C does kill an app or something similar, but actually an app
is free to continue running or to do anything else.

Regards,
Ralf