[Jack-Devel] Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 25 07:30:06 CEST 2017

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:15:38 -0700, Yuri wrote:
>What makes you think that the sound architecture isn't stable on the
>FreeBSD?
>

>Sorry, but you are completely wrong. It's Jack that doesn't clean up
>after the failed clients that is a problem.

Beside my Linux installs I had a FreeBSD install to test a sound card.
FreeBSD is not real-time capable, you need very long latency. The sound
architecture can't compare to ALSA. Chris already mentioned that you
could expect that jackd is playing out the buffers, which means at
reasonable latencies, that you couldn't notice it.

So there are several open questions.

How much latency do you use?
What action does cause Ctrl+C?
What happens if you exit the application by a regular exit option or by
a SIGKILL?