[Jack-Devel] Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Aug 29 02:19:01 CEST 2017

On Fri, August 25, 2017 12:40 am, Yuri wrote:
> Application quits, sound keeps playing.
> The expected behavior: sound stops playing.

There is a timeout parameter you can pass to jackd to specify how long the
server waits for a slow client application.  The default is 500ms, does
that correspond to how long the audio keeps playing?
There is also a parameter which can be passed to the jackd server to
prevent the server from disconnecting slow clients.

I do not know how to check the compiled defaults to see if they have been
changed.  The default should result in a crashed application being
disconnected after half a second, you could change, for example try -t 50
to change the timeout to 50 milliseconds to see if that improves the
behavior.
There is also a -v option to cause more verbose messages, could help
determine what the jackd server detects the application state at the time
of stopping.

--
Chris Caudle