[Jack-Devel] Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Tue Aug 29 05:04:03 CEST 2017

> Le 29 août 2017 à 02:22, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> a écrit :
>
> On 08/28/17 17:19, Chris Caudle wrote:
>> There is a timeout parameter you can pass to jackd to specify how long the
>> server waits for a slow client application.  The default is 500ms, does
>> that correspond to how long the audio keeps playing?
>> There is also a parameter which can be passed to the jackd server to
>> prevent the server from disconnecting slow clients.
>

> It plays forever.
>

> Yuri

This discussion goes crazy...

Do you hear this looping buffer as Fons described? So we are taking about the application output buffers right?

Then I would advice to look at the code that gives the buffers to the client, that is following the jack_port_get_buffer function code path, and see where (probably…) a simple « memset(buffer, 0,…) call has to be added at the appropriate place.

Stéphane