[Jack-Devel] Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Thomas Brand tom at trellis.ch
Tue Aug 29 13:31:42 CEST 2017

On Tue, August 29, 2017 05:11, Yuri wrote:
> On 08/28/17 20:04, Stéphane Letz wrote:
>
>> This discussion goes crazy...
>>

>> Do you hear this looping buffer as Fons described? So we are taking
>> about the application output buffers right?
>>
>> Then I would advice to look at the code that gives the buffers to the
>> client, that is following the jack_port_get_buffer function code path,
>> and see where (probably…) a simple « memset(buffer, 0,…) call has
>> to be added at the appropriate place.
>

> Yes! Somebody, please do this, for Christ's sake!

If It plays forever now that's indeed strange.
Can you describe the sound? Is it "normal", like a song that just
continues normally or more like crackle, arbitrary buffer data? Where does
that data come from if the client is dead? Where do the clients get their
data to put to jack? Do you see any remains of a dead client in the
system?